Birthday card - full of blossoms

Tuesday, 9 August 2011

| | |
Oh... I needed to prepare an important assignment at work last week, so haven't made any cards. It's really "itching" to make cards again. Tonight, I tried to do a simple one layer card (ah..ha, not really my style :=P), but I want to explore new things out of my comfort zone.

I CASEd the card from Cristina. She is really gifted at cardmaking !!!

Here is her card (So great!!!)



Here is my take:

A totally different approach... but I hope you can see the inspiration of using border stamps and the color choice (one row pink and one row red). It's also the first time to use copic markers! Really too green in this area, but it's interesting throughout the coloring process :=)




A little pop-up flower :=)


Thanks for visiting my blog!

Challenges:
CASE study challenge
Stamping with dragon (using red green & white)
Poodles Parlour (round and round garden)

7 comments:

Carolynne said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon
xx

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, I love your take on Cristina's card! I happen to be a flower lover, so your card is just my style! The colors are gorgeous and the design is superb! An awesome CASE! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study and for helping us celebrate our first birthday!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How very lovely! Your card is so different from Cristina's yet I can clearly see the inspiration :) Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)

Cristina said...

I love your CASE! You took the basics of my card and totally made it your own. Thanks so much for choosing one of my cards, too. So flattered!

Jacq said...

Hi there,
Just Gorgeous!!! Love the image, the colour scheme is beautiful. Love the layout of the card. Coloured so very beautifully. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

nancie said...

Beautiful,love the 3D flower. Thanks for joining The Poodles Parlour. Hugs
Nancie

HandmadebyTLC said...

I love the design and simplicity of the sprig of Christmas flowers! this image is just fabulous! Thanks so much for the terrific Christmas inspiration and joining us at Stamping with the Dragon this time too!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

You're invited too join in on my blogversary candy till 8-30.

Post a Comment